Se løbende vores rapporter
YEAR-END REPORT NEW WAVE GROUP AB
January - December
PERIOD 1 OCTOBER - 31 DECEMBER 2018
- Net sales amounted to SEK 1,943.4 million, which was 19 % higher than last year (SEK 1,630.3 million).
- Operating result amounted to SEK 209.4 (172.5) million.
- Result for the period amounted to SEK 158.9 (146.8) million.
- Earnings per share amounted to SEK 2.42 (2.20).
- Cash flow from operating activities amounted to SEK 174.4 (134.5) million.
PERIOD 1 JANUARY – 31 DECEMBER 2018
- Net sales amounted to SEK 6,290.6 million, which was 12 % higher than last year (SEK 5,597.3 million).
- Operating result amounted to SEK 482.8 (469.1) million.
- Result for the period amounted to SEK 360.0 (354.0) million.
- Earnings per share amounted to SEK 5.48 (5.34).
- Cash flow from operating activities amounted to SEK 222.6 (207.8) million.
- Equity ratio amounted to 48.6 (50.9) %.
- Net debt to equity ratio amounted to 53.3 (54.1) %.
The Board of Directors has decided to propose to the AGM a dividend of SEK 2.00 (1.70) per share equal to SEK 132.7 (112.8) million.
OCTOBER – DECEMBER
The fourth quarter goes down in history as the best so far for New Wave Group. 19 % growth (14 % in local currency) are strong figures. All three segments grew. Corporate* have, for a long time, enjoyed good growth, which also continues, but during this quarter I would like to especially point out: Sports & Leisure with growth of 26 %. Both of our sales channels have good growth, retail by 22 % and promo by 18 %. Operating result increased by 21 %, from SEK 172.5 million to SEK 209.4 million. A positive cash flow from operating activities of SEK 174.4 million is very pleasing, and we are of course with our closing stock 2018, positioned for continued good growth in 2019. Growth for the 18th consecutive quarter with increased annual income each year is very good!
Geographically, I would also like to mention the United States. Growth there is now starting to gather good speed and we obtain a good return on our investments. During the fourth quarter the United States grew by 33 % (24 % in local currency) which is very strong.
I will start with a little history. We went public for exactly 21 years ago, in December 1997. Since then we have had growth in turnover from SEK 351.4 million to SEK 6,290.6 million which is 1,690 % or approximately SEK 283 million per year. Operating result during the same period increased from SEK 29.4 million to SEK 482.8 million, an increase of 1,542 %. This despite the fact that we basically lost the years 2009-2011 due to financing problems.
From 1994 to 2007 we grew by an average of 37 % in sales and 42 % in operating result, 13 years in a row.
Torsten Jansson, CEO